Saturday, January 16, 2010

High taw tawk propah-leah

this was a book I once had on how to “Move upper class” by getting the accent right.  It’s a little dated nowadays, when aristo’s seem to try to talk like Bob Hoskins.  But not in Eastbourne.  Eastbourne is a whole other kettle of fish.

www.visiteastbourne.com/

Am I twirly?

I think I blogged about this before – apparently in Liverpool bus drivers call pensioners “twirlies” because they arrive before the appointed time and say, in mock-surprise: “Oh!  Am I twirly?”

It wouldn’t work in Eastbourne.  In Eastbourne, pensioners arrive much too early, stick their hand out and shout: “Tex-yeh!” *

Daniel;s party today.  I’ve no idea how many people are coming, since in Home Ed circles, RSVP seems to stand for Do whatever you feel like doing on the day.

Arrrgh!

I know at least five people are coming, including Daniel’s new girlfriend.  So he’ll be happy.

Got a car now for 10 days.

Wish me luck!

Kirk out.

* Taxi, if you need a translation.

[Via http://lizardyoga.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment